Friday, March 4, 2011

Off-guard

When we have a conversation with someone who we haven't talked to in a while, usually we just expect a quick catch-up, nothing over the top or overly serious talk. And we especially don't expect any awkward moments or us being caught off-guard. Recently I had a talk with an old friend about certain changes that are currently taking place in my life. We talked and talked about my frustrations and I was giving my two cents plus the whole nine and then some... LOL. I've never really had a convo like that with this specific friend since this friend of mine is one of them quiet types who just nodds their head and then says, "So what's the solution?" LOL. At the end our talk, my friend pointed out a subject of change that took place several months ago. It was about me being married and finally settled down with the person who I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with. I just laughed and said yeah yeah yeah I'm married now, I've been! and I'm gonna have a baby! My friend became serious for a couple of seconds and said, "I know but it hasn't sunk in yet and I don't know when it finally will."